Prof Roy Wogelius - personal details
Roy A. Wogelius
Professor of Geochemistry
- Mineral Surface Chemistry
- Reaction Kinetics
- Aqueous Geochemistry
- Environmental Mineralogy
Current Research Projects
- NERC “The Geochemistry of Fossil Pigment Preservation,” Wogelius, Manning, van Dongen, Sellers. Three year standard grant awarded August, 2012.
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership Grant with ARVIA Technology. van Dongen, Polya, and Wogelius. 2012-2014.
- Atomic and Macro-scale Studies of Surface Processes: Towards a Mechanistic Understanding of Surface Reactivity and Radionuclide Binding Mechanisms (The AMASS Consortium). Ryan (PI, Imperial [World Rank #13]), Wogelius, Evans (Loughborough), Morris, Mosselmans (DLS), and Burton. Wogelius is the PI for the Manchester portion of the grant. Fully funded. 2011-2015.
- October, 2009, NDA supplemental PhD studentship awarded to Wogelius (PI). Ends 2013.
- March, 2008 EPSRC, Decomissioning, Immobilisation And Management Of Nuclear wastes for Disposal (Diamond). of farfield geochemical processes. Ends 2013.